Why is Machine Learning such a Hot Technology?
I have always wondered how a computer could do so many things in a jiffy which a common man considers very difficult. We all know that a computer uses codes in order to understand the task that needs to be done. It understands only binary language. But what if I tell you that nowadays the computers can make its own decisions with a very little human intervention? Sounds interesting right? This method is known as Machine Learning. We have everything you need to know about it here below.
Machine learning is nothing but a branch of Artificial Intelligence. It is method of data analysis where algorithms, statistical and analytical models are studied by the computer in order to improve their performance on a particular task.
The System can learn from the data provided, identify and learn patterns and make its own decisions with very little human input. It can predict more accurate outcomes without being explicitly programmed. Learn more about Machine Learning here.
Top 5 reasons why Machine Learning is very important for the modern day Computing
- It is possible to build models automatically that can solve more and more complex problems and deliver faster and more accurate results on a large scale. By building more accurate models, one can avoid unwanted risks.
- It reduces Human effort and provides more accurate and personalized information required to the user.
- There is an abundance of data right now. There is so much information that we are receiving from emails, social media, blogs, podcasts etc, it is hardly possible for us to keep up with it. We often tend to miss out on very useful content. Machine Learning helps us to locate and recommend the most relevant content in order to avoid missing of useful content.
- The Computation is cheap. You can use the abundant information available to conduct experiments and calculations within seconds which you thought was very tough a decade ago.
- It has numerous technologies which can be adapted by any system. It is feasible and can be applied to any industry.
Machine learning is utilized all over. From a motion picture recommendation in Netflix to self-driving cars. There is not really any industry which does not have any application of machine learning. Innovative technology in most of the industry verticals distributed and encouraging the utilization of machine learning. In most recent couple of decades, register limit has likewise expanded. Presently small gadgets like mobile phones have huge memories and GPUs which are able to carry out compute intensive task.
Now Machine learning algorithms also have taken advantage of computer science in every domain. Better Machine learning (Ml) algorithms are now possible to be created with present technologies. More intensive tasks can be carried out by using ML algorithms. Within the next 5 to10 years of time almost every industry will be actively deploying machine learning algorithms.